Culture of Cilician Armenia International Conference in Antelias"Culture of Cilician Armenia" International Conference will take place January 18-20, 2007, in Antelias-Lebanon by the initiation and under patronage of His Holiness Catholicos Aram I, in cooperation with the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia and Yerevan Mashtots Matenadaran. The Conference will cover the following areas:
1. History: History of culture of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia: geopolitical, inter-political and inter-church relations.
2. Medieval Armenian Universities: The influence of Cilician scriptoria in the development of Armenian literature and scripture art. Medieval universities and their cooperation.
3. Law: Medieval law and Cilician Constitution. Inter-state and inter-church relations and the aspect of law. Right to heritage and medieval social relations.
4. Art: Miniature, applied arts, architecture: monasteries, fortresses, secular constructions.
5. Ethnography: Cilician national ceremonies, holidays, dresses, life and traditions.
6. Cilician Holy Relics: Relics of Saints brought to Antelias from Cilicia.
7. Economy: Cilician money, Cilician trade relations, scales and measure units, Cilician marine and soil trade ways.
8. Summery: Cilician phenomenon after the fall of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.
For more information about the Conference you may visit the following sites:
www.matenadaran.am and http://www.cathcil.org/ or write to the following addresses:
Tel: (+374 10) 56 27 69
Fax: (+374 10) 52 04 20
Bishop Nareg Alemezian,
Tel: (+961 4) 410001
Fax: (+961 4) 417971
The above was press release by the Catholicosate of Cilicia